|I can imagine Jane Austen thought up the Harriet-portrait scene while she was sitting for this portrait.|
It has begun. Today.
*waits for epic music to stop*
Time for an Introduction. Welcome to the PARTY, everyone. Take some cake (better hide from Mr Woodhouse), grab some wine ('cos I'm so fagged I can scarcely breathe) and Be Seated. I hope you'll enjoy all the games and posts I have ready for you. (I think you will, because they're all about Jane Austen. And we all love Jane Austen, right, right, RIGHT?!)
How does this party work?
There aren't really any strict rules. If you want to join, these are some ideas for you:
1. Read my posts. Kind of comment. Play the game-to-come. Just ramble about anything Jane Austen. It's all welcome. You can even comment a novel on that red cape in Persuasion. I don't care. I am all eyes.
2. Answer the Tag Questions. (See below.)
3. Write some Jane Austen-related posts on your blog.
It can be about anything, as long as it's about Jane Austen. It doesn't have to be an amazing review (although that's nice, too) - it's allowed to be about anything - for example, 'Your three favourite Mr Palmer facial expressions.' Or, 'Why I think Mrs Norris and General Tilney would make a perfect couple.' Or 'my favourite dresses in Emma 1996.' Be creative! I'd love to read anything you come up with. :-)
Of course, we need a Tag. Every good party needs a list of Questions for everyone to answer. I am planning to answer these questions myself today, and I'd be delighted if you went ahead and answered them on your blog (or if you don't have a blog, the comment section awaits). I'm also planning to do a 'Tag Answers Round-up' at the end of this week, so if you do this tag you might have a chance of appearing on my blog, sooo. *Wiggles Eyebrows* (How about that, eh, Lizzy!)
(Most of them are JA related, of course, but I've added some random ones, for the party-spirit.)
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a Jane Austen fan do you consider yourself?
2. If "they" would make a new Jane Austen Movie, and you would be able to be cast in it, which Jane Austen character would you most like to play?
3. Is there any felicity in the world superior to a walk?
4. Who's your favourite Jane Austen 'villain'? (As in 'villain' meaning 'the bad guy.')
5. What/Who introduced you to Jane Austen?
6. Did you love/enjoy Jane Austen immediately, or has there been a time when you hated (um, prejudged) it?
7. Who, in your opinion, is the funniest Jane Austen character?
8. Do you quote Jane Austen randomly in public?
9. Are children allowed to eat cake on weddings?
10. What is your reaction when you hear that an aquaintance (e.g. A lady at Church) of yours loves Jane Austen?
11. Who writes better letters, Mr Darcy or Captain Wentworth? (If you forgot what the letters were, shame on you, instead tell me if you prefer Strawberries to Chocolate or not.)
12. Which Jane Austen heroine do you relate the least to?
13. What's your favourite Jane Austen house (from one of the movies)?
14. What's your favourite Jane Austen dress (from one of the movies)?
15. Can you turn off lit candles with your fingers?
Have fun! Don't forget to comment the link(s) of your post(s) - the Tag Answers and any other JA-related post you happen to write this week - so I can read it and comment.
Lets dooo thisss.